Which Acura Luxury Sedan Is Right for You?
There are three Acura luxury sedans available in the current lineup, and if you’re having a hard time deciding among them, you’re not alone. Wisconsin drivers come to our dealerships every day asking us which is right for them: the 2017 Acura ILX, TLX, or RLX. It’s not a decision we can make for you, but we can offer a quick primer on what separates these sedans so you can know which one to test drive first.
2017 Acura ILX
The entry-level luxury sedan in the Acura lineup, the 2017 Acura ILX is unlike other sedans on the road, straddling the line between luxurious and affordable in a way that leaves its competitors looking ill-equipped or over-priced.
- Engine Specs: A 2.4L 4-cylinder engine delivers 201 hp, ensuring the ILX has plenty of pep and is fun to drive.
- Cabin Features: Bluetooth, telematics, and other modern connectivity features mark the ILX as a modern sedan while classic luxuries like heated front seating keep you comfy in even the coldest Wisconsin winters.
- Upgrade Options: With the A-SPEC, AcuraWatch Plus, Technology, and Premium packages, there are plenty of options for upgrading and customization.
As the lowest-priced Acura in the lineup, the ILX represents an entry into the world of luxury and is a great option for an up-and-coming professional or a family seeking a second car with a sense of class.
2017 Acura TLX
More than just a luxury car, the 2017 Acura TLX is a true sport sedan that’s available with either a 4-cylinder or a V6. In addition to the features of the ILX, you’ll have access to Acura’s Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system for improved performance.
- Powertrain Options: A 2.4L 4-cylinder with 206 hp is standard on the TLX, but drivers seeking a more powerful option have a 290-hp 3.5L V6 available as well.
- SH-AWD: This advanced all-wheel drive system senses where traction is needed and directs engine power there automatically in both wet and dry conditions. Advanced torque vectoring technology launches the TLX into and out of curves with ease. SH-AWD is available on V6 models.
- Features: Adding onto the ILX, the TLX brings features like a front power-adjustable passenger seat, satellite radio, perimeter lighting, cargo area tie-downs, and more. The available GT package gears it more toward performance and track-based style.
The TLX is a smart choice for the driver seeking a car that feels comfortable on the street of the track, and its spacious backseat gives it an advantage over a typical sport sedan when it needs to take the family out for dinner.
2017 Acura RLX
The flagship sedan, the 2017 Acura RLX sports a 3.5L V6 under the hood and is available in either standard or Sport Hybrid SH-AWD models.
- Powertrain: With 310 hp, the standard 3.5L V6 gives the RLX the power drivers expect from a luxury sedan while Sport Hybrid models add three electric motors into the mix for innovative all-wheel traction and improved power.
- Cabin Features: The RLX is decked out in leather and genuine wood and metal trims, merging its class with modern technologies like AcuraLink telematics, navigation, and more.
- AcuraWatch: Safety technologies like Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Mitigation Braking are standard on the RLX, setting it apart from the average competing sedan that demands upgrades.
The RLX is for the driver who wants to experience all that Acura has to offer: elegance, power, comfort, and value.
Schedule Your Test Drive
We want to help you find the best Acura luxury sedan for your needs and budget, but in order to do that, we need to put you behind the wheel. Visit a Wisconsin Acura Dealer near you today to take a test dive of one, two, or all three of these sedans to find yours.