How to Maintain the Leather Seats in Your Acura
Cleaning and maintaining your Acura’s leather seats doesn’t have to feel like a chore. When you follow this step-by-step guide, you’ll see how easy it is to keep your new car in mint condition. Leather seats are available on almost every car in Acura’s lineup, a list that includes the 2017 ILX, the 2018 TLX, the 2017 RLX, the 2018 RDX, the 2017 MDX, and the 2017 NSX. This guide will break down everything you need to know to keep your choice looking great.
Acquiring Your Tools and Materials
There’s nothing mysterious about cleaning leather. Most of the equipment you’ll need can be found around the house or at your local auto care store. In no particular order, you’ll have to gather:
- A vacuum
- A sponge
- A soft-bristled brush
- Leather cleaner
- Leather conditioner (ph-neutral; water-based; free of waxes, silicone, and petroleum)
- At least 3 microfiber towels
Remove Dirt and Debris
- After you’ve acquired all the supplies you’ll need, begin the cleaning process by vacuuming each of your Acura’s leather seats.
- Once this has been accomplished, wet one of your microfiber towels with leather cleaner and apply it to the material, using slow, even wipes to achieve the best results.
- Next, apply a small amount of leather cleaner to the bristles of your soft-bristled brush, and use the brush to go over each of your seats once more.
Dry and Condition
- Using a clean microfiber towel, begin to wipe off what remains of the cleaner, dirt, and debris—all of which should come up easily. Set this towel to the side, and begin to apply leather conditioner directly to the leather seats in your Acura.
- Note that an excess of leftover conditioner could make your seats feel greasy and uncomfortable; it’s always easier to add more conditioner than it is to remove it.
- Rub the conditioner into your seats using a sponge, and once you’re done, buff out the remainder with a fresh microfiber towel. Park your car in the garage overnight to dry.
Take an Acura for a Test Drive!
Now that you know how easy it is to keep an Acura’s leather seats looking their best, consider bringing home a new Acura of your very own! There’s never been a better time to get behind the wheel of one of our luxury vehicles, and you can test drive your favorite at any Wisconsin Acura Dealer near you. Contact us today to learn more about our financing options and current offers.