Choosing the Right Acura Luxury SUV for Your Lifestyle
There are two Acura luxury SUVs available to Wisconsin drivers, and between the 2017 Acura MDX and the 2017 Acura RDX, we think there’s something for everyone. But which is the right one for you? We want to touch on what makes Acura luxury SUVs smart choices overall and then break down the differences between the MDX and the RDX to help you make the right choice.
Strengths of an Acura Luxury SUV
The 2017 Acura RDX and the 2017 Acura MDX have their differences, but there’s quite a bit in common between them—after all, they are both Acura vehicles. We think these strengths give the Acura luxury SUV lineup an edge over its competitors:
- Fuel Economy: The 2017 MDX 2WD earns an EPA-estimated 27 mpg on the highway* while the 2017 RDX 2WD is rated at an EPA-estimated 28 highway mpg.* The days of the gas-guzzling SUV are long gone.
- Power: Both vehicles feature a V6 engine under the hood (279 hp on the RDX, 290 hp on the MDX) and have no trouble towing when it’s time to load up a trailer or take the boat out.
- Value: While the RDX and MDX are members of two different classes of crossover, they both represent a great value, loaded up with features and technologies at affordable prices.
Should I Drive an MDX or an RDX?
The two biggest differences between the MDX and the RDX are price and size. While there are a few other factors that separate them, we’ve found that the size of the family needing the crossover and the available budget tend to be the biggest deciding factors.
- You should drive home the 2017 Acura RDX if you’re looking for a more affordable entry into the luxury SUV world and only need seating for up to five passengers. Single drivers and small families might prefer the RDX.
- You should choose the 2017 Acura MDX if you like loading up the crossover with family and friends and have the budget for a seven-passenger luxury SUV. The MDX is essentially built for the growing family.
If state-of-the-art safety features like Collision Mitigation Braking or Adaptive Cruise Control are a top concern for you, they come standard on the MDX, which might make it feel easier to afford. Advanced AcuraWatch safety technologies are available for upgrade on the RDX as well.
Find Your Crossover SUV
The 2017 Acura MDX and the 2017 Acura RDX are two of our most popular models, and we want to help you find the right one for you. Visit a Wisconsin Acura Dealer today to take one or both for a test drive to see them in action and make the decision easier.
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only), and other factors.