2018 Acura MDX Technology Features
Media, Entertainment, and Connectivity Features
Getting all the features you want in an SUV is easy when you choose the MDX. This Acura’s Standard Package can be upgraded with the Technology, Entertainment, or Advance Packages, and each option offers a compelling array of technology features.
- Acura/ELS Studio Audio System: When you equip the MDX’s Technology Package, you’ll receive the Acura/ELS Studio Audio System standard. With the Technology Package, this system has 10 speakers, 11 with the Advance Package’s Sport Hybrid upgrade. The Entertainment Package likewise offers an additional speaker.
- AcuraLink Satellite Communication: With the MDX’s Technology, Entertainment, or Advance Packages, you’ll be able to connect your vehicle to any compatible smartphone. The AcuraLink app enables your MDX to send out instant emergency notifications, sync HD Digital Traffic information, and share navigation information with your phone.
- SiriusXM Radio: Sirius XM comes standard in every MDX and includes a number of bonus technologies that you’ll never tire of using. You’ll enjoy access to instant replay, featured favorites groupings, and sports flash alerts, and these are just a few of the associated features.
- Ease-of-Access: When you drive the MDX, you’ll never have to spend time digging for your keys when you’re trying to get on the road. Keyless Access, Smart Entry, and push-button start are included right from the start, even in its baseline Standard Package.
- Acura Navigation System: Acura’s signature navigation system includes AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic updates, traffic rerouting, a color multi-information display, and 3D view technology. You’ll be able to search for destinations by location or by name, and voice recognition is included. It’s a standard feature with the Technology Package.
- Acura Rear Entertainment System: This system is the highlight of the MDX’s Entertainment Package, but the features it offers differ depending on which additional package upgrades you select. With the Technology Package, it includes wireless headphones, rear sunshades, and a 9-inch VGA screen. With the Advance Package, buyers will receive a 16.2-inch split screen instead of a single 9-inch screen, and they’ll also enjoy HDMI compatibility.
Acura MDX Safety Technologies
An enormous variety of safety features are spread out across the MDX’s packages, and AcuraWatch technologies come standard in every trim.
- AcuraWatch: This package of features includes a Collision Mitigation Braking System, a Head-Up Warning, a Lane Keeping Assist System, Road Departure Mitigation, and Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow. Each feature utilizes the MDX’s myriad cameras and motion sensors to help protect you from surprises on the road.
- Surround-View Camera System: The MDX’s Advance Package offers a surround-view camera system standard. When you’reparked or moving in reverse, you’ll be able to use this feature to check your surroundings from all angles, ensuring peace of mind when you’re moving through tight spaces.
- Blind Spot Monitoring System: The MDX’s Technology Package includes a blind spot monitoring system and a rear cross-traffic monitor. Both systems use a combination of visual and audio cues to keep you aware of activity in your periphery.
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors: These sensors automatically beep to alert you when you’re approaching anothervehicle, and when used in concert with the MDX’s camera systems and mirrors, they make parallel parking a breeze.