Safety Features of the 2018 Acura MDX
AcuraWatch Safety Suite
The engineers at Acura have made the roads safer for everyone by including the AcuraWatch technologies on every MDX package and trim level. This innovative combination of sensors and artificial intelligence provides an extra line of defense against every obstacle you encounter on the road—even those you don’t see!
- Lane Guidance: the AcuraWatch safety system keeps you centered in your lane using its Lane Keeping Assist System and its Road Departure Mitigation feature. If you drift too close to the road’s shoulder, or if you move over a dividing line without activating your turn signal, your MDX will gently direct you back to where you belong.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Tired of switching in and out of cruise control when the conditions aren’t ideal? AcuraWatch includes Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow, so your MDX will be able to adapt to changing traffic conditions in real time. All you have to do is set your preferred speed and follow distance.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: AcuraWatch’s Collision Mitigation Braking System can bring you to a stop automatically as soon as it detects a potential collision. In the event of an emergency, the system first uses Head-Up Warning technology to display a warning directly on your windshield. If this warning is not effective, the MDX’s brakes will be fully applied.
Visibility and Awareness
The best way to ensure safety on the road is to have a clear sense of your immediate surroundings. These safety features let you observe the entirety of your periphery, and provide automated alerts when your vehicle is in motion.
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors: These front and rear parking sensors come standard in the Advance Package, and if you’re anything like most drivers, you’ll make use of them every time you parallel park. When you’re moving at low speeds, these sensors beep to alert you when you’re coming too close to another vehicle.
- Surround-View Camera: Drivers who choose the Advance Package will receive a surround-view camera system that you can use to view your vehicle’s immediate periphery from the front and from either side. It complements the MDX’s multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines, which comes standard without any upgrades.
- Blind Spot Information System: Beginning in the Technology Package, the MDX’s suite of safety features includes a blind spot information system and a rear cross traffic monitor. The former consists of two small indicators—one on either side of your vehicle—that light up when a vehicle is in your blind spot. The latter uses audio cues to give you a heads-up when a vehicle is about to cross your path.
Stability and Security
These MDX safety features come standard in every model and help to ensure that you’re ready for anything. Some help you and your vehicle respond to dangerous road conditions, while others minimize the danger of collisions.
- Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive: Every Acura MDX comes standard with Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control, which helps keep you on track when you’re maneuvering around a corner or making a tight turn. Drivers who want to maximize their control will have the option to upgrade with Sport Hybrid Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive technology, which uses three electric motors to direct torque and power where it’s needed most.
- Next Generation ACE Body Structure: Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure combines high-quality materials, additional front braces, and newly redesigned side braces. When working in concert, these design features offer superior protection for drivers and passengers by distributing collision forces evenly across the vehicle’s body.
- Braking System: This year’s MDX has been designed with a four-wheel anti-lock braking system, electronic brake distribution, and brake assist technology.
Take the MDX for a Test Drive!
The 2018 Acura MDX’s safety features make it the obvious choice for Wisconsin’s families, and when you act quickly, you can take advantage of our current offers! Get in touch with one of our easy-to-reach Wisconsin Acura Dealers and start your journey to owning an amazing vehicle today.