Acura MDX: The Best-Selling Three-Row Luxury SUV of All Time
We hope the number of 2017 Acura MDX crossovers on the streets and highways of Wisconsin have made it clear that it’s one of the most popular models in its class. The MDX hit a pretty major milestone back in 2014, when it officially out-sold all of the other three-row luxury SUVs in production.
Improvements to the MDX have helped keep it as one of the most competitive vehicles in its class, and we wanted to show you a glimpse of just what has allowed the Acura crossover to stay a few steps ahead of its competitors.
Staying at the Top
What is it that has made the Acura MDX such an impressive crossover? We’ve narrowed it down to six areas where this Acura crossover outshines its competition:
- Pricing: Acura has been the luxury brand that prioritizes value in a way that few luxury automakers can compete with. The new base-level 2017 Acura MDX is priced at just $43,950 (MSRP),* giving it an edge over many of its competitors, particularly the European brands.
- Power: Whether towing a boat to the lake or simply merging onto the highway for your morning commute, an SUV has to be able to power past small cars. The standard V6 engine of Acura’s crossover delivers 290 hp, leaving its 4-cylinder competitors in the rearview.
- Fuel Economy: Just because the MDX is powerful doesn’t mean it needs to guzzle gas; on the contrary, 2017 MDX FWD models are rated at an EPA-estimated 27 mpg on the highway.**
- Technology: From the standard Bluetooth and multi-angle rearview camera to the available ELS premium audio system and navigation, the MDX has truly state-of-the-art technology features.
- Safety: Safety comes standard on the MDX, including Lane Departure Warning, Collision Mitigation Braking, Forward Collision Warning, Adaptive Cruise Control, and more.
- Warranty: A 72-month/70,000-mile powertrain warranty and 48-month/50,000-mile basic warranty offer long-term protection on your Acura investment.
Test Drive an MDX
If you want to see what’s made the MDX such a success, we encourage getting behind the wheel of a new model at a Wisconsin Acura Dealer near you. After you see firsthand this spacious, well-equipped, luxurious new SUV, we think you’ll understand why it was the best-selling three-row luxury SUV of all time.
*Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license, or a $940 destination and handling charge. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor, and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
**Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only), and other factors.