Acura Hybrids: Explore the MDX, RLX, and NSX
Acura Hybrids:Explore the MDX, RLX, and NSX
While a standard hybrid is designed to deliver fuel efficiency beyond the reach of standard models, a luxury Acura hybrid is expertly engineered to combine that efficient drive with the upgraded performance of a track-focused vehicle. Whatever you’re looking for in a luxury hybrid car or luxury hybrid SUV, you’ll find a fitting version at your local showroom:
Interested to discover what each model can bring to the table? Simply read on to find out.
Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
If you’re looking for a luxury sedan that offers premium fittings and first-rate technology, the Acura RLX is going to stand out. If you need the same vehicle to boast innovative hybrid engineering, then the Acura RLX Sport Hybrid stands alone.
- 3.5L Gas Engine: Features Direct Fuel Injection, Variable Cylinder Management™, and Intelligent Variable Valve Timing with lift Electronic Control (i-VTEC®) to produce up to 310 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque.
- 3-Motor Sport-Hybrid System: The Acura RLX Sport Hybrid combines a 47-horsepower electric motor in the transmission housing with two additional 36-horsepower motors mounted between the rear wheels. Power distribution is perfectly managed between all wheels.
- Motor-Integrated 7-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission: Originally designed for racing, the dual clutch transmission keeps the next gear up or down pre-loaded for seamless shifting and outstanding efficiency. Sequential SportShift paddle shifters are added to provide direct control.
Overall, Acura RLX Sport Hybrid drivers can expect:
- Up to 377 combined hp and 341 combined lb-ft of torque.
- Up to 28 mpg in the city and 29 mpg* on the highway.
NSX Hybrid Supercar
The Acura NSX is the world’s first supercar, and hybrid sports car, to carry a bespoke Sport Hybrid Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ system, so performance here is truly groundbreaking. Every model brings a precise balance of next-generation exhilaration and indulgent luxury, with powertrain features including:
- Sport Hybrid Drivetrain: The Acura NSX uses a front-mounted 36+36-hp Twin Motor Unit (TMU) and a 47-hp Direct Drive Motor. They work together for exceptional control and handling regardless of road conditions or driving behavior.
- 3.5L V6 Engine: Utilizing a mid-mounted twin-turbocharger, dry sump lubrication, Variable Timing Control (VTC), 10.0:1 compression ratio, and direct and port fuel injection to provide up to 500 hp and 406 lb-ft torque.
- Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive: A centrally-located Intelligent Power Unit applies torque independently between the front wheels to ensure phenomenal performance when you’re entering and exiting a corner.
- 9-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission: Combining a dual clutch engineering with an electronically-operated wet dual-clutch, high-rigidity shift forks, double-cone synchronizers, and electronic shift actuator for legendary agility and control.
- Integrated Dynamics System: Allows you to choose between Quiet, Sport, Sport+, and Track drive modes for personalized performance.
When you push the Acura NSX hard, a combined 573 hp and 476 lb-ft of torque provide:
- 0 – 60 MPH in 2.7 seconds
- Track top speed of 191 MPH.
MDX Sport Hybrid
Reviewing the 2019 Acura MDX, Edmunds.com
wrote that: “With three rows of seating and a large, comfortable cabin, it works great as a family hauler.” You might expect a vehicle with up to 90.9 cubic feet of cargo space and seating for seven across 3 rows to feel a little sluggish and offer substandard efficiency scores, but the Acura MDX Sport Hybrid pushes beyond such limitations.
- 3.0L Port-Injected V6 Gas Engine: Delivers up to 257 hp and 218 lb-ft of torque.
- Electric Motors: A 47 hp, 109 lb-ft of torque front motor and 36 hp, 54 lb-ft of torque Dual Rear Motors provide additional power and enhanced performance.
Those two systems combine to provide a combined output of up to 289 hp and 289 lb-ft of torque, so the Acura hybrid SUV feels refreshingly responsive whether you’re taking off from a standstill or changing lanes on the highway.
It also tows up to 5,000 lbs. and makes up to 26 mpg in the city and 27 mpg* on the highway.
You’ll Find the Full Lineup of Acura Luxury Hybrid Cars at Your Local Showroom
Whether you’re looking for a luxury hybrid SUV, hybrid sports car, or a hybrid luxury sedan, you’ll find cutting-edge models waiting at your local Wisconsin Acura showroom. To find out more about anything from financing options to current special offers, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.