Acura Debut’s it’s Performance-Focused Flagship SUV
Acura is looking to break into the luxury SUV market with its all-new 2022 Acura MDX Prototype. This new Acura SUV is looking to rival luxury SUVs like the BMW X5, Mercedes-Benz GLE Class, and Audi Q7. The Acura MDX is getting a complete redesign for the 2022 model year. It will now be larger than ever before, come with more standard features, have more technology, and a fancier interior to ensure it competes with other luxury SUVs in its class.
2022 Acura MDX Prototype Features
- Twin-turbo 3.0-liter V – 6 with an estimated 355-HP and 354 lb-ft of torque
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- All-new SUV platform with MDX’s first-ever double-wishbone front suspension engineered for Type S-levels of performance
- Wider, longer, and lower body with wide-set Chicane™ with LED taillights and dual exhaust outlets
- Quilted leather seat-trim with front-seat massagers
- 12.3-inch wide full-HD center display with console touchpad, wrist pad, real volume knob, and standard wireless phone charger.
- Acura Precision Cockpit™, which is Acura’s first all-digital instrumentation, with two configuration options, a panoramic sunroof, wireless Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto capability
- 6 USB ports include two in the third row
2022 Acura MDX Coming Soon to Your Local Acura Dealer
We expect the standard model to be in local Acura dealers in early 2021 and Summer 2021 for the Type S model. Your local Acura dealer will continue to provide updates as more Acura MDX SUV details are released and when we have an official launch date. Also, look out for more information about upcoming Acura SUV models that will follow in the Acura MDX’s footsteps with more performance and technology features.