2021 Acura TLX Preview
Acura has released more info on the 2021 Acura TLX design and specs, giving luxury car fans in Wisconsin much to be excited about. Soon, we’ll all get to see why the 2021 Acura TLX has been called “the quickest, best-handling and most well-appointed sedan in the brand’s 35-year history.”
The 2021 Acura TLX price most likely come in at the mid-$30,000 range, but more info on the price will come as we near its release date, which should be announced soon.
2021 Acura TLX Design
The 2021 Acura TLX shows off its power and agility through its design, mirroring the Acura Precision Concept silhouette in its shape. Its matches a low and wide stance with a long dash-to-axle ratio and wide hood, fostering a sleek presence from its upright diamond pentagon grille to prominent rear haunches. Add exterior drama with the A-SPEC®: Sport Package or Type S: High Performance Variant.
New Sedan Platform
Acura constructed the 2021 TLX body on a dedicated Acura sedan platform that’s engineered for superior levels of performance. The body structure of the 2021 Acura TLX provides a 50% increase in global torsional stiffness, in addition to as much as 100% improvement in localized rigidity.
The double-wishbone front suspension allows for more precise handling and cornering. It has also taken several features from the track-inspired Acura NSX, such as a driver selectable Adaptive Damper System and variable-ratio steering system.
2021 Acura TLX Engines and Performance
The performance of the 2021 TLX is powered by two turbocharged engines.
- 2.0L DOHC Direct-Injected: Generates a peak output of 272 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque.
- All-New 3.0L 24-Valve, DOHC Direct-Injected: Engineered by the team behind NSX’s bespoke twin-turbocharged V6 hybrid power unit.
Further performance features include:
- Torque Vectoring SH-AWD®
- NSX Electro-Servo Brakes
- 10-Speed Automatic with Sequential SportShift and Standard Paddle Shifters
2021 Acura TLX Technology
The 2021 Acura TLX couples its top-of-the-line performance technology with a wide swatch of standard and available features, such as –
- AcuraWatch™ Advanced Driver-Assistive Technologies
- Acura ELS STUDIO 3D® Premium Audio System
- Driver-Oriented True Touchpad Interface™ with 10.2-inch HD display
- 7-inch full-color Multi-Information Display (MID)
- 10.5-Inch Full-Color Head-Up Display (HUD)
- Latest Generation AcuraLink™ 4GLTE Wi-Fi