2021 Acura RDX Specs
The 2021 Acura RDX specs provide an engaging and athletic drive across all available packages, plus the option to take advantage of cutting-edge performance technology. It’s one of the few luxury crossovers able to balance first-class fittings with track-like performance. As noted by critics from Edmunds: “If the aggressively angular exterior design doesn’t give it away, the tech-forward interior certainly will. The RDX is about providing a distinctive and modern driving experience.”
2021 Acura RDX Engine Options
The 2021 Acura RDX doesn’t make you upgrade to a top-tier trim level just to enjoy the power and performance you deserve. Instead, every model comes fitted with a sophisticated 2.0L Turbo 16-Valve DOHC VTEC® 4-Cylinder able to deliver:
- Up to 272 hp
- Up to 280 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 1,500 lbs. of towing across all configurations
Professional testing conducted by Edmunds saw the latest Acura RDX sprinting from zero to 60 mph in just 7 seconds, so you can be assured of responsive performance whenever you hit the gas.
2021 Acura RDX Drivetrain
The 2021 Acura RDX offers four packages: Standard, Technology, A-Spec®, and Advance. Each comes with Front-Wheel Drive (FWD) as standard to provide a fine balance of on-road performance and strong efficiency scores.
For exceptional track-like handling, Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) is available across all trim levels. It continuously directs engine power to match weight distribution, available traction, driver input and other conditions to combine traditional all-weather, all-terrain traction with high-performance cornering and phenomenal acceleration rival systems fail to attain.
2021 Acura RDX MPG Ratings
The Acura RDX’s ferocious power is refined through a 10-Speed Automatic Transmission with Sequential SportShift Paddle Shifters to ensure efficiency scores are just as impressive as power specs. You can expect to make:
- Up to an EPA-estimated 22 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway with FWD*
- Up to an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway with SH-AWD®*
A-SPEC models make:
- Up to an EPA-estimated 22 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway with FWD*
- Up to an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway with SH-AWD®*
All models come fitted with an Idle Stop feature that minimizes fuel consumption by turning off the engine when you come to a stop before automatically restarting when you hit the gas.
2021 Acura RDX Performance Features
You can cycle between four unique driving modes right from the 2021 Acura RDX interior simply by using your Integrated Dynamics System (IDS). Options include:
- SNOW: Controls the amount of torque sent to each wheel to maintain traction and control.
- COMFORT: Provides a perfect balance of comfort and handling ideal for everyday driving.
- SPORT: Reduces power steering assist, increases steering feel and feedback, raises response levels for SH-AWD® and the Drive-by-Wire throttle, and even reduces Active Sound Control for a stronger engine note.
- SPORT+: Adds a more aggressive shifting algorithm to bring out the RDX’s full potential.
Further performance features include:
- Available Adaptive Damper System
- MacPherson Strut Front Suspension/Multi-Link Rear Suspension
- Amplitude Reactive Dampers
- Front Rear Stabilizer Bars
- Agile Handling Assist®
- Dual Pinion, Variable Ratio Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- 12.4-in Ventilated Front Disc Brakes
- 12.2-in Solid Rear Disc Brakes
- High-Performance All-Season Tires
The RDX also boasts a wide range of active safety features designed to keep you in full control at all times, including:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control and Motion Adaptive Steering
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Tire Fill Assist and Location and Pressure Indicators
The 2021 Acura RDX Delivers Performance Above and Beyond Expectations
Latest on Acura Vehicles
We would like to introduce you to our new Acura car line-up. Our new Acura cars are known to be the best valued compared to other luxury car models because of the many standard features, luxurious interiors, exterior style, and performance. 2021 Acura ILX-Starting at $26,100* The 2021 Acura ILX is the smallest sedan in…
The 2021 Acura RDX is the perfect SUV for those drivers looking for an affordable SUV that doesn’t compromise on luxury and performance. It also comes with a long list of standard features that you won’t find in other luxury SUVs. No significant updates have happened on the 2021 model year except a limited…
Our new Acura sedans come standard with the latest safety technology that gives you the peace of mind that you can’t experience in another car or SUV. We’re the first luxury brand awarded top safety ratings across our entire model line and the first brand to use new technology to see better what happens in…
*Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.