2020 Acura ILX Safety Features
- Multi-View Rear Camera: Lets you cycle between different viewing modes as you reverse for add peace of mind during low-speed maneuvering.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) System: Scans the area ahead to provide an alert if a potential frontal collision is detected.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): Automatically applies the brakes to avoid a frontal collision or reduce its severity.
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) System: Reads common road edge markers and applies corrective steering pressure if you start to cross them.
Lane Departure Warning (LDW) System: Monitors your position on the road and lets you know when you start to leave your chosen lane without signaling.
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Ignore the LDW system and corrective steering pressure will be applied to bring your vehicle back to center.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): Automatically adjusts your preset cruising speed up or down to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead.
Select Acura ILX active safety features include:
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
Vehicle Stability Assist® (VSA®) with Traction Control and Motion Adaptive Steering
Hill Start Assist
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TMPS) with Location and Pressure Indicators
It’s just one of the Acura ILX’s passive safety features – they’re always ready to activate in the event of a collision to help prevent injury. Select Acura ILX passive safety features include:
- Advanced Front Airbags (SRS)
- Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags
3-Point Height-Adjustable Front Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System and Load Limiters
3-Point Rear Seat Belts
LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) Child-Seat Mounting System
Acura ILX Safety Ratings and Technology Provide First-Class Peace of Mind
Critics from Car and Driver write that: “the 2020 Acura ILX is a well-built and nicely priced alternative to more expensive subcompact rivals.” It’s also able to combine next-generation safety technology with fantastic crash-test scores, and you’ll find the full trim level lineup waiting at your nearest Wisconsin Acura dealer. To find out more or hear about anything from the Acura ILX interior to current specials, feel free to contact us today.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.