2020 Acura ILX Performance Specs
2020 Acura ILX performance specs deliver sharp driving dynamics wherever you travel while still keeping fuel consumption to a minimum. World-class engineering covers everything from the transmission system to a full range of active safety features, and the A-SPEC trim even provides the option to double down on the ILX’s performance-oriented styling.
To find out more, simply read on to explore:
- Acura ILX Horsepower and Torque
- Acura ILX Fuel Economy
- Acura ILX Performance Features
- Acura ILX Active Safety Features
- Acura ILX A-SPEC Package
2020 Acura ILX Horsepower and Torque
The Acura ILX doesn’t make you pay extra for premium performance. Instead, every trim level boasts a 2.4L Aluminum-Alloy 4-Cylinder engine to command:
- Up to 201 hp
- Up to 181 lb-ft of torque
Those are impressive engine specs even within the competitive luxury sedan segment. As noted by Kelley Blue Book: “With 201 horsepower, it’s more powerful than the turbocharged Audi A3, and comes with an 8-speed automatic vs. the Audi’s 7-speed.” The engine’s light weight optimizes handling while the Drive-By-Wire system ensures phenomenal throttle response above and beyond your average turbocharged engine.
2020 Acura ILX Fuel Economy
The Acura ILX fits an 8-Speed DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) with Sequential SportShift Paddle Shifters across all trim levels. A DCT always has the next gear up or down preloaded, so you’ll enjoy truly seamless performance, and the latest Acura version incorporates a torque converter to ensure smoother launches.
Paddle shifters allow shifts that take place in milliseconds, combining the control of a typical manual with added agility. All in all, expect to make:
- Up to an EPA-estimated 24 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway*
2020 Acura ILX Performance Features
While the Acura ILX powertrain forms the foundation for an exceptional drive, a full retinue of performance features also works to improve everything from control over rougher roads to body roll as you take on twists, turns, and corners. Just a few performance feature highlights include:
- 4-Wheel Independent MacPherson Strut Front/Multi-Link Rear
- Front and Rear Stabilizer Bars
- Electric Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering (EPS)
- Ventilated Front Disc Brakes
2020 Acura ILX Active Safety Features
It’s easy to ignore active safety features when you’re looking into Acura ILX performance, but they play a huge role in optimizing handling and responsiveness throughout every drive. Features include:
- Vehicle Stability Assist® (VSA®) with Traction Control and Motion Adaptive Steering: Uses an array of sensors to monitor driving conditions and correct for oversteer, understeer, and other loss of traction events.
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS): Prevents the brakes from locking and the tires from skidding during hard acceleration.
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD): Optimizes the distribution of braking force between all four wheels to help deliver smarter stopping power.
- Brake Assist: Senses the extreme rate of pedal application and pressure associated with a sudden stop, then supplies additional braking force to bring you to a stop sooner.
- Hill Start Assist: Holds the clutch down on an incline until you hit the gas in order to prevent the vehicle rolling backwards.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TMPS) with Location and Pressure Indicators: Having too little air in your tires can impact everything from efficiency to handling, so the Acura ILX lets you know when they require topping up.
2020 Acura ILX A-SPEC Package
All 2020 Acura ILX trim levels deliver performance-focused styling that sets it apart from many more sedate or conservative rivals. If you want to push styling even further, look the Acura ILX A-SPEC package to give your model track-inspired cues and a bolder design philosophy.
Exterior A-SPEC features include:
- 18-Inch Shark Gray Wheels
- Dark Chrome and lighting details
- LED Fog Lights
- Dark Chrome Accents
- Piano Black Decklid Spoiler
- Piano Black Rear Diffuser
- Side Underbody Spoilers
Interior A-SPEC features include:
- Sport A-Spec Seats with Perforated Milano Premium Leather and Ultrasuede®-Trimmed Interior with Contrast Stitching and Piping
- Graphite and Chrome Dash Trim
- A-Spec Exclusive Red Instrument Panel Illumination
- Ebony Headliner
- Stainless Steel Sport Pedals
2020 Acura ILX Performance is Something You Need to Experience Firsthand
You can find out more about anything from 2020 Acura ILX technology features and the Acura ILX interior to current special offers by paying a visit to your nearest Wisconsin Acura dealer. For any further advice or assistance in the meantime, don’t hesitate to get in touch directly.
*Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.