2017 Acura ILX Technology Features Put Drivers at the Cutting Edge
Standard Technology Features
The ILX’s many outstanding technology amenities begin with a host of features that are standard-issue no matter which package or trim you purchase. These standard technology offerings include:
- Message Reader: The Acura ILX models each feature an SMS and MMS text message reading feature, which helps drivers safely read and respond to messages while on the road. As soon as an incoming message has been read, the car’s center display shows six pre-programmed responses the driver can easily and quickly choose from, like “Talk to you later, I’m driving.” This feature also has a call-back option.
- Smart Entry: The Acura ILX’s Smart Entry system is also offered as a standard feature, giving drivers incredibly convenient access to the car and its features. As long as the key fob in range, the car can be unlocked, the engine started, and the car driven without drivers ever needing to touch the key.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Another prime standard feature found onboard the Acura ILX is its Bluetooth connectivity. Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and Bluetooth streaming audio are both standard-issue, providing drivers with convenient, hands-free access to smartphone functions and audio content.
- Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror: Another convenience-boosting feature that comes standard is the ILX’s auto-dimming rearview mirror. This advanced mirror instantly darkens when hit by the high beams from another vehicle, eliminating the distractions of being suddenly blinded by another car’s bright lights and having to manually adjust the mirror. This feature lets drivers keep their eyes and attention on the road—where they belong.
Available Tech Features
Various other state-of-the-art technology features are offered for the Acura ILX’s higher trim levels, including:
- GPS-Linked Climate Control: For the upper-level ILX models, the car’s dual-zone automatic climate control system gets upgraded with the addition of GPS linking technology. A solar sensor measures the intensity of the sun, determining the sun’s impact on the interior temperature of the vehicle, and the navigation system’s GPS receiver further tracks the sun’s position relative to the car. Using this input, the climate control system adjusts accordingly.
- Acura Navigation System: An Acura Navigation System offered onboard the ILX assists drivers in safely and easily finding destinations while on the road. Features of this system include an 8-inch screen, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic with Traffic Rerouting, optional audible guidance, and a vast destination database.
- Siri Eyes Free: Now iPhone users can get help from Siri while still keeping their hands safely on the wheel. The ILX’s Siri Eyes Free feature performs a variety of helpful functions, like reading and sending texts and e-mails, taking note of calendar appointments, and more. To activate this feature, drivers simply need to press a “Talk” button on the car’s steering wheel. If on, the audio system will be automatically muted as Siri goes into action.
- Driver Memory: Preferred driver memory settings for the ILX’s seats and exterior mirrors can be programmed for two different drivers and linked to their respective key fobs. The car then recognizes which key fob is being used and automatically deploys the appropriate set of custom settings, eliminating the inconvenience of having to manually adjust the seats and mirrors before driving away.
- Voice Recognition: A voice-recognition system found onboard the ILX enables drivers to activate common audio, climate control, and navigation functions using just their voice. A press of the “Talk” button on the steering wheel instantly mutes the audio system, and more than 200 voice commands can then be issued.
- HomeLink: A HomeLink universal transceiver offered for the ILX allows drivers to program up to three remote-controlled home devices, like garage doors, home security systems, and lighting systems. Motorists can then remotely control these systems from right inside the car.
The ILX’s outstanding technology features are rounded out by an array of driver-assist features that help bolster safety for drivers and passengers.
Safety features that come standard include a multi-view rear camera, Vehicle Stability Assist with traction control and motion-adaptive steering, a tire pressure monitoring system, and brake assist.Available safety and driver-assistance amenities offered for the higher ILX trim levels include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
- Blind Spot Information System
Hit the Road in the Fully Loaded ILX!
If you’re ready to experience the bevy of high-tech features found onboard the 2017 Acura ILX, the crew at your nearest Wisconsin Acura Dealers location is happy to oblige you! Stop by or contact us today to learn more about the ILX and its offerings, to get help with financing, and to get a great deal on the incredible ILX!
*Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license or destination and handling charge. Destination & Handling charge is $950 for sedans and $975 for SUVs. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.