How Does the 2016 Lexus IS 200t Price Compare to the Acura TLX?
The 2016 Lexus IS 200t looks like a compelling package—it offers a relatively accessible price for a luxury sedan, it offers a powerful and efficient engine, and it offers a lot of upscale features. When you look at the 2016 Acura TLX, however, you’ll find that it simply offers a better combination of value, performance, and convenience—and all for a lower price.
Consider the pricing of these two cars:
- The 2016 Lexus IS 200t starts at $37,325 MSRP in the rear-wheel drive configuration.
- The 2016 Acura TLX is priced at $31,695 MSRP.*
With such a big price difference, you probably expect the Acura to fall behind in terms of standard equipment, efficiency, safety, size, and other areas—but that’s just not the case. The Acura TLX actually comes out ahead in many areas, demonstrating that you don’t need to spend more to get more in the entry-level luxury sedan segment.
Take a look at these Acura Advantages:
- The Acura TLX includes features like power adjustable heated front seats with a memory function, a rearview camera, noise cancellation, LED headlights, and a remote trunk release—none of those features come standard in the Lexus!
- The Acura TLX with 2.4L 4-cylinder engine earns an impressive EPA-estimated 24 mpg city/35 mpg highway/28 mpg combined with 8-speed automatic transmission.** The Lexus with 2.0L 4-cylinder engine earns an EPA-estimated 22 mpg city/33 mpg highway/26 mpg combined.
- The Acura TLX has earned a 5-star front driver and front passenger crash test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, while the Lexus earns a 4-star rating in both of those tests.
Visit Your Wisconsin Acura Dealer
You can see that the Acura TLX simply offers more value for less money when compared to the 2016 Lexus IS 200t. Find the latest TLX along with the rest of the Acura lineup at your local Wisconsin Acura Dealer!
*Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license, or a $940 destination and handling charge. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor, and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
**Based on 2016 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.