Do the 2016 Buick Verano Standard Features Compare to an Acura?
Before settling for the 2016 Buick Verano standard features, Wisconsin drivers should look at all of the competitors, particularly in the Acura brand. While Buick models typically tout their value and luxury as uncommon, Acura has been merging practicality, affordability, and class together into award-winning cars and crossovers for decades.
Let’s see how the Verano’s features stand up to a competitor like the 2016 Acura ILX.
Acura Gives Drivers More
Drivers have certain expectations of luxury vehicles, and while the Buick lineup might offer something a bit higher class than a Chevrolet or a Ford, it doesn’t quite approach luxury car status to us. Here are just a few of the amenities you’ll find on every ILX that are not on the 2016 Buick Verano standard features list:
- A one-touch power moonroof to let the fresh air and sunlight in on a nice drive
- A power-adjustable driver’s seat that makes it easy to get comfortable with just the push of a button
- Heated front seats that make those harsh Wisconsin winters bearable
- Push-button ignition that lets you simply hop into the driver’s seat, press the “start” button, and go
- Jewel Eye LED headlights that provide a brighter, whiter beam and a look that is distinctly Acura
The ILX also sports a 2.4L 4-cylinder with 201 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque to the Verano’s 2.4L 4-cylinder with just 180 hp and 171 lb-ft of torque. Drivers of the ILX will enjoy superior control over the engine thanks to a set of standard steering wheel–mounted paddle shifters. Change gears with just the flick of a wrist.
Despite its superior power, the ILX bests the Verano on fuel economy as well:
- 2016 ILX base models earn an EPA-estimated 36 highway and 25 city mpg.*
- The 2016 Buick Verano base only manages 32 highway and 21 city mpg.
Test Drive an Acura
No matter which way you slice it, we think it’s clear that the 2016 Acura ILX comes out ahead of the 2016 Buick Verano standard features. But we have found that the best way for a driver to really know that the ILX is a superior car is to get behind the wheel and experience it for themselves. Visit a Wisconsin Acura Dealer near you today for a test drive.
Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only), and other factors.
Wisconsin Acura Dealers includes Bergstrom Acura, Acura of Brookfield, and Zimbrick Acura.